• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another VLJ Member works for "Red Tails" Film

CBI

I simply wanted to add my name (well, forum name at least) to the list of VLJ members who have had the wonderful opportunity be involved with the "Red Tails" Tuskegee Airmen film to be produced by George Lucas (release date TBD). I recently completed a large order of painted leather and painted/incised leather squadron patches and shoulder patches for the flight jackets in the film. Perhaps I can post a picture or two of the completed order after the film is released. The patches are the property of the studio. A cool project, what fun and thanks to all who helped and Ok'd me doing this.

Then let me be the first to congratulate you. That’s great; that’s huge. I look forward to seeing the film, as well as pic’s of your patches.

Well done.

stubbyeighth

jacketimp

CBI said:
I simply wanted to add my name (well, forum name at least) to the list of VLJ members who have had the wonderful opportunity be involved with the "Red Tails" Tuskegee Airmen film to be produced by George Lucas (release date TBD). I recently completed a large order of painted leather and painted/incised leather squadron patches and shoulder patches for the flight jackets in the film. Perhaps I can post a picture or two of the completed order after the film is released. The patches are the property of the studio. A cool project, what fun and thanks to all who helped and Ok'd me doing this.

congrats...........did you have a cameo/walk in part? that'd be so kool........

jacketimp

CBI said:
thanks. No walk-ons but that's OK

i know GW will be on the credit roll.....it'd be so funky it includes you too!

still it's nice to be in your shoes! congrats again.........

jacketimp

CBI said:

OK you GW-nistas..........better place your order now.......

once the movie is released GW will be deluges with orders and turnaround time might go into years intead of months.......

congrats to JC of GW

jacketimp

tale of THE RED TAILS........the story so far........is it a wrap or filming still in progress.....

c'mon folks involved........insider gossip........unless you sign a confidentality clause.......

CBI

Pre-production/rehearsals, no filming yet. Attention to detail/authenticity..... A++++++++++++++++++++++ :cool:

jacketimp

CBI said:
Pre-production/rehearsals, no filming yet. Attention to detail/authenticity..... A++++++++++++++++++++++ :cool:

hey it sounds fun to be be involved and contributing to something that's your passion......

what's your contribution...artwork....patches.......

hey will they give a credit role to you guys at the end of film ......who knows you could turn your passion into a business...y'know jkts by GW.......noseart/patches by.....CBI, i don't even know your mane! :oops:

authenticity.......that i wouldn't doubt as far as the A2s are concerned ;)

have a great time in the playground..... :D

CBI

I am doing patches (see first post, hopefully will be getting a credit) Authenticity is being handled extremely well across the board as far as I can tell. Yes, confidentially/rights are issues with new films but I at least wanted to add my "VLJ name" to the list seeing as some VLJ'ers have been able to be part of this cool project. There is another patch maker as well for the gig.

Andrew

Congratulations, great you could turn a hobby into actual paid work and it probably helps with ammo with the Wife as you can say it's paying for itself now.

jacketimp

CBI said:
I am doing patches (see first post, hopefully will be getting a credit) Authenticity is being handled extremely well across the board as far as I can tell. Yes, confidentially/rights are issues with new films but I at least wanted to add my "VLJ name" to the list seeing as some VLJ'ers have been able to be part of this cool project. There is another patch maker as well for the gig.

hope you get your id in the credit roll..........later, dude!

CBI

thanks. Actually, the wife is OK with my hobbies. I guess she figures I could be into worse things!

A

Anonymous

Why dont you post some of your work on the forum ,I for one would like to see what you are doing .May be I could learn something .So lets see it !.

All the best Jeff

CBI

the patches are the property of the film company and they don't want any visual previews. I have posted a few jackets w/artwork in the past. Lots of my work has been a done in a bit of a rush so I don't take the time to take pictures. I should be doing that!

I will post something when I can. Thanks for asking.

jacketimp

CBI said:
the patches are the property of the film company and they don't want any visual previews. I have posted a few jackets w/artwork in the past. Lots of my work has been a done in a bit of a rush so I don't take the time to take pictures. I should be doing that!

let's hope they compensate you well enuf for you to forgo your intellectual property rights..

A

Anonymous

CBI said:

No I am not interested in the Redtail work you are doing ,Im interested in the work you have done and your progression from research to actuallity .If you did not have a portfolio of your work were you recommended word of mouth ,I am interested because you have shown so little of your art work your almost anonimous .So I look forward to seeing some of your pieces your most proud of with close ups .

Rgds jeff