• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather Name Tags

shedonwanna

Here are a few variations in name tags. No ageing applied...

name458.jpg

A

Anonymous

They look great.
Do you sell them?
Which one (font) is consonsidered historically accurate?

tom james

My vote would be for #2. As asked in the previous post, do you make them for sale. I need one for my dad's jacket. Thanks, Tom

shedonwanna

Yes, I do sell for $7.50 each and often throw in one for free with purchase of a squadron patch. All of these fonts were available during the 1940s and represent the variety of fonts I have seen on vintage tags. The 4th tag uses square punctuation. The last tag was made with steel stamping dies which would have been part of most machine shops. I am in the process of gathering images of vintage tags to post here

The previous thread about repro tags available prompted me to offer this post. Most of the other repro tags are using 1/4-inch alphabet stamping dies for sale by Tandy Leather - I also have these

shedonwanna

Here are the patches again with numbers for reference and two more examples. Number seven is a modern Time Roman font...

name458b.jpg