• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lot: CC Irvin, trousers and boots

Roughwear

No you certainly don't. They are usually sold separately as they tend to fetch more, but a complete set from the same vet are worth more from a historical point of view. It saddens me when the items are sold off piecemeal.

Roughwear

Leadsky said:
All from the same Vet? I'm missing something- where's it say that?

Good point Andrew. If they were from the same vet the seller would surely say so. I suspect they were put together fairly recently.

Baron Kurtz

Andrew, did you notice this tidbit of info re: the zips. Those strange Lightning-like zips we've noted before with the "W" marked. Well the seller says:

"the zips both work and are AM marked one is Lightning the other "W".They have the name Whiting written on the leather tongue with AM & crown 1941."

So, the "W" stands for Whiting?

bk

Roughwear

Baron Kurtz said:
Andrew, did you notice this tidbit of info re: the zips. Those strange Lightning-like zips we've noted before with the "W" marked. Well the seller says:

"the zips both work and are AM marked one is Lightning the other "W".They have the name Whiting written on the leather tongue with AM & crown 1941."

So, the "W" stands for Whiting?

bk

Yes I did notice the boots were marked with the vet's name. It is very common to see a "W" marked on Lightning zips. The main factory which made Lightning zips in the UK was located at Witton in Birmingham, so I suspect the "W" stands for Witton not whiting! ;)