• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Volunteer Group leather jacket A2

Roughwear

The seller claims this size 48 RW 27752 is an original AVG jacket. There is no provenance given whatsoever. The AVG was disbanded on 4th July 1942. The RW 27752 contract dates to April/May 1942 with production lasting for several months. It might just have belonged to a member of the AVG who wore the jacket when he returned to the USA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120926918736? ... 1423.l2649

ButteMT61

LOL - just posted it too.
Great timing - I just received a GW RW jacket to try in the mail. Damn thing is beautiful...

Andrew

I have one exactly the same and size but without the "provenance" or patch. Will be watching with interest.

A

Anonymous

It's not an AVG jacket. If you want a for sure on this, contact Richard Peacher, at Flyingtigersavg.com. He has probably the largest private collection of Avg, and 14th AAF everything, jackets, banners, medals wings, uniforms, and documents

Stony

It's not an AVG jacket. If you want a for sure on this, contact Richard Peacher, at Flyingtigersavg.com. He has probably the largest private collection of Avg, and 14th AAF everything, jackets, banners, medals wings, uniforms, and documents

If this is the guy that wrote the book on the AVG that had all the pictures of his collection in it, I listened to Tex Hill's wife and another AVG vet at an American Fighter Aces reunion tell a group of us that those items in Peacher's collection were on loan for the book, but when everyone ask him to return those items, he said they gave them to him.

If this is the same guy, that was not cool and he broke the trust of some AVG members and is not liked by a lot of vets. :(

A

Anonymous

The Pictorial History Of The Flying Tigers by LARRY.M.PISTOLE IS THE GUY YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO REMEMBER, YES I AM AWARE OF THAT SITUATION. PEACHER IS A MEMBER OF THE FLYINGTIGERSAVG.COM. Maybe research before you IF someone.

Stony

The Pictorial History Of The Flying Tigers by LARRY.M.PISTOLE IS THE GUY YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO REMEMBER, YES I AM AWARE OF THAT SITUATION. PEACHER IS A MEMBER OF THE FLYINGTIGERSAVG.COM. Maybe research before you IF someone.

There were no accusations, hence that is why I used the word "IF".

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
The seller claims this size 48 RW 27752 is an original AVG jacket. There is no provenance given whatsoever. The AVG was disbanded on 4th July 1942. The RW 27752 contract dates to April/May 1942 with production lasting for several months. It might just have belonged to a member of the AVG who wore the jacket when he returned to the USA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120926918736? ... 1423.l2649
Roughwear, The AVG website feedback agree with you as the contract was later than the AVG was flying missions, also the vast majority of the pilots were Navy, and Marine using M-442 jackets.

TankBuster

Not a AVG jacket. A original M-422 AVG Flight Jacket sold at auction last weekend for $25,000 just for reference sake ;) .

Rocky

Do you mean that you painted some leather patches for Peacher?

a2jacketpatches said:
Think I did some tigers for Richard Peacher about a decade ago. I just registered at the site and waiting for approval.

Jeff M

Rocky said:
Do you mean that you painted some leather patches for Peacher?....

JDAM said:
Crap. If you know it's not right then say it up front rather than mincing.

I think you are confusing discussions.
Peacher is not the person selling this jacket. (At least, nobody has commented as such.)
Peacher's name came up in a tangental discussion, to which a2jacketpatches made a bit of a side comment.

a2jacketpatches

Rocky said:
Do you mean that you painted some leather patches for Peacher?

a2jacketpatches said:
Think I did some tigers for Richard Peacher about a decade ago. I just registered at the site and waiting for approval.

Multi-piece leather most likely, I know the name for sure but was never a member there.