• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zipper pull repair or replacement

ang_kangkong

I have a McCoy’s M422A that has the bar on the pull tab broken. I can pinch the ends and sort of use it, but it will come loose if I pull too hard. I would like to get it fixed somehow. I thought maybe just get a replacement Talon zipper and pop it in, or would it be better to send it to a place?

Any input would be welcome, thanks!

Spitfireace

Just replacing the puller can get problematic. If you get a modern repro puller then maybe it does fit the zipper properly or maybe it doesn't, I bought an original Talon puller to put on a repro zip and it failed also in a year after the repro Talon had failed in a year. I ended up replacing my whole zipper with a NOS from MASH Japan. It's seventy dollars CDN shipped, from Japan, and then it cost me $150 to get sowed in. In the end though for me, it was the only solution even though the zip itself was fine.

Skip

You can pretty much find them on eBay Art, or better still find a leather shop in your area and I'm sure the cut cut one to size

I found going to a village fair sometimes you will find a leather worker who will more often than not cut one from off cuts for the cost of a cold one

A2 B3au

Thanks for that I had a little browse on eBay before I posted but couldn’t see what I need, I feel a little silly asking as it petty but I like things complete nice one Art

Skyhawk

Hi Art, I have scrap Seal Goatskin leather off a 1960's Ralph Edwards G-1. I can send you a piece if you want. They are easy to make with a razor and straight edge.
Let me know if you want some.

All The Best,
Jay

A2 B3au

Appreciated eastman gonna send me it along with 2 epaulettes go my B3 £5 offer I can't refuse nice one Art