• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zipper Pull - Orchard made G-1

MSC100

Just curious if anyone out there has seen a zipper pull on the G1 like this one from Orchard MFG, (1986).

Attachments

• BEB51460-2663-48BF-B3F8-75E68E0D0078.jpeg
    BEB51460-2663-48BF-B3F8-75E68E0D0078.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 234

MSC100

Wow thanks Mike for letting me know on this. Had never seen one like this so thought it was some kind of added thing when the original broke. Variations abound on these G1’s I guess. I do the love this jacket and it is my daily wear preference - heavy duty (thick) leather in this one.

MSC100

Paperclip Puller - interesting. Was this a unique style puller as opposed to the usual steps they used in other makes?

busdrivermike

Wow thanks Mike for letting me know on this. Had never seen one like this so thought it was some kind of added thing when the original broke. Variations abound on these G1’s I guess. I do the love this jacket and it is my daily wear preference - heavy duty (thick) leather in this one.
Your welcome my A2 from them uses the same thing
77442F30-4B73-4727-89AA-B48649EF1227.jpeg

MaydayWei

Paperclip Puller - interesting. Was this a unique style puller as opposed to the usual steps they used in other makes?

To my knowledge, paper clips zips were common for G-1s from the 7823B series to the 7823E(AS) of the 80s then the E series DSCPs (modern G-1s) went with the YKK style no.10 zips. 7832 (AER)s and younger went with a no.5 Conmar, I believe. @Jorgeenriqueaguilera is the expert though!

galvestonokie

you can always replace the leather part of the pull with a strip of goatskin. i like that better than the original folded and bradded.