• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Perry B-3 (Nice and ratty!!)

Dumpster D

It was done in England. That much I’m sure of

Could it have been a B-3 worn by someone in the RAF, who acquired a Jacket through a chance trade? Or was it someone in the USAF who needed a replacement Zipper in a hurry and the AM DOT was all that could be sourced?

I just like to imagine clues that tell a story, you know?

caddyd

The original Werber was acquired in Canada so a British connection there. And the Dot zip looks period replacement.

Attachments

• DSCN5397.JPG
    DSCN5397.JPG
    820.3 KB · Views: 29

Paul Glover

The original Werber was acquired in Canada so a British connection there. And the Dot zip looks period replacement.
I own an original B3 that is also fitted fitted with a dot zip, I posted pictures of it a few years ago and was advised by Andrew (roughwear) a very knowlegeable chap that this was quite a common occurence . It makes sense really as I wouldnt have thought our wartime repair workshops would have a supply of Talon zips available.