• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII AAF NOSE ART JACKET ★731BS 452BG 8AF

CBI

Avoid this seller like the plague. I think by now, those of you who have read my various posts will have come accross my description of my negative experience with this seller. All fakes and totally lacking in integrity as a seller. Gee, what do I really think? :evil:

SuinBruin

3 piece sleeves? Snaps on the wind flap? Oversized pockets with welted handwarmers? Quilted lining? Dodgy looking canvas (probably studio-made) patch? Noticeable wear everywhere except the painting on the back?

Also, notice on the lining shot that the jacket is folded over awkwardly so as to conceal the label. How freaking obvious can you get?

I am far from an expert on vintage A-2s, but I gotta call "no f##king way" on this one.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Oh ... it's jeep.

If you scroll down far enough (after the history lesson), he does say that it's private purchase.

..... nasty jacket. ;)

Roughwear

It's a 1940s/early 50s jacket for sure, but the art work is all recent. Notice he does not say its original artwork from the war. The lengthy unit history info is there to give this faked up jacket legitimacy and provenance. Someone new to jacket collecting could end up with this $100 jacket for big bucks!