• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 or post war Lightining Lancers patch ?

TankBuster

I believe this to be a later WW2 version of this patch. As for originality, I think that could only be determined once in hand. The paint sure looks fresh, but I have seen many other mint unused patches over the years so who knows. I would assume repro if bidding. Then if it turns out to be real, it would be a bonus.

a2jacketpatches

Check out the link, looks like the same patch but lost the 13th AF in the past year. Being a hand made painted patch, I suppose it's possible to have a scroll like a lot of KW era patches and still be WW2. However, it's a little odd to me seeing the two sold last year together and are now split up. The paint does look fresh, but it hasn't been sewn to a jacket either so the paint could very well look that good. Regardless, the whole thing stinks a little in my opinion and I believe it is a repro, not WW2 or KW.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/l ... -142676901

a2jacketpatches

shedonwanna said:
Here is the 13th AF patch that was once paired with the Lancers patch...
Original WWII 4.5" Leather 13th AAF Flight Jacket Patch

Well the 13th has a weave pattern leading me to believe it is silkscreened, or maybe even a decal because I get that effect when using a heat press and teflon sheet. The Squadron patch seems to be hand painted. So I've lost faith in the two being together as significant. Perhaps the rarepatchman from Ebay or Ron of Flying Tiger Antiques could give a final word on the subject.