• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 5th AAF jacket

unclegrumpy

The flash makes it hard to really see the details, but Squadron patch looks correct. However, the jacket looks pretty rotten.

Andrew

That jacket was on ebay last year at a bin of around $16-1700 IIRC. Didn't sell then but it looks like the only difference is that it's had a feed of pecards and a big price hike. Don't know if it's the same seller, I had spoken to him about possibly buying it late last year for less than the original price. I guess this guy is optimistic about the global economy.

What i'm unsure about is why a jacket with SWPA patching and heritage is also patched with CBI patches. I don't know that units history but I would have assumed they just moved north from New Guinea, but then they may have gone to CBI, or else the patches came with the second owner. Seems too mixed up to me. You'd want to do some research first.