• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG US M1916 Pullover Wool Shirt sizing?

Adama36

I bought a M1916 US army shirt from WPG few weeks ago and the quality is actually pretty good.

1656461765675.png

My main issue with this shirt though, is the sizing . I bought a size 44 (which is usually my size) but it's kind of small, especially in the shoulders (less than 19 inches from shoulder to shoulder) and the sleeves (25 inches from shoulder to cuff).
I really would like to get a replacement but after contacting the seller and asking for measurements for the larger models (sz 46 and 48), I did not really get any valuable answers.

Now, I am wondering if somebody on the forum has bought one of these shirts in size 46 or 48 and would be willing to share detailed measurements with me . (I am adding the picture below to facilitate the discussion)

Thx in advance for your help

1656462342376.png

Chandler

Does WPG follow a vintage-period sizing pattern for their items? A 1916 size 44 is probably a size or two smaller than a modern 44.

ausreenactor

WPG is all over the place. Some things run small and other things run large. Ask questions on the WPG FB page before you buy. Plenty of good advice and reviews.

MauldinFan

WPG is all over the place. Some things run small and other things run large. Ask questions on the WPG FB page before you buy. Plenty of good advice and reviews.
Quoted for truth.
I have a officers Ike jacket and an officers class A jacket, both marked the same size and one is tight and I'm swimming in the other, need to take both to a tailor sometime soon...