• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG Irvin jackets any one have one

A

Anonymous

Hi I looked on the site WPG what price glory and they are selling Irvin jackets for $350.00 ,does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the jacket fit finish quality ,I am not a fan of sheepskin jackets so buying an Eastman or the like which is the way to go, that I know .I am not looking to compare this jacket with ELC and Aero ,I just want a jacket that is similar and keeps me warm .What appeals to me is that the jacket shealing is not so thick and I would have a better range of movement ,I would appreciate any comments are they junk or worth getting .Many thanks Jeff

A

Anonymous

Hi Hawkeye thanks for the heads up ,I should done that first before posting .Best regards Jeff

Geir

Hi Jeff,

I have a WPG Irvin which arrived a bit more than a month ago. I have used it quite a lot and I'm really pleased with it. I also have one Aero and two ELC Irvins and these are better jackets. The workmanship is a bit better all round. The WPG is actually heavier than ELC, but the fleece is less dense and this makes the jacket less warm. The sheepskin has a nice colour and the outer finish is not shiny. The WPG is longer in the body and this makes it more useful than my prewar Aero which barely comes down to my belt. It would not be my choice if I were to spend seven hours in the tail turret of a Lancaster. I commute to work by train and it keeps me warm while I walk to the station and wait on the platform and I don't have to take it off when I'm on the train. The headmaster at the school where I teach told me it made him think of Biggles. I think that's a compliment. Regarding size I would say they are true to size. Unless you plan to wear an RAF sweater underneath go for your normal size.

Hurricane Hermann

Hi There,

This is the 2nd winter for my WPG Irvin, rest assured, no synthetics on mine and the zips are fine.

Cheers,

Hermann
Irven008.jpg