• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would like info on another jacket.

Ualman

This time it’s about another LW Foster 7823(AER).
The label also mentions amendment #2, and it has the silver/white USN stencelling in the middle of the collar.

Couldn’t find anything about the version of this contract.
What would be the year(s) it was produced, and what would be the difference between other 7823?
Both LW Foster and other manufacturers.

Thank you all very much!
Guus
555C2EBB-16DD-4848-B14F-3EEF70477F21.jpeg

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Hi @Ualman

That is a nice contract from fiscal year; 1955. I own both LW’s and basically the only difference I see between them is the USN stenciled on the back of the collar on the LW 7823 (AER) & Amend. The LW 7823(AER) from fiscal year; 1958 has the USN punched on the windflap. I did a review of mine a couple months ago, perhaps it will be helpful.

Ualman

Hi @Ualman

That is a nice contract from fiscal year; 1955. I own both LW’s and basically the only difference I see between them is the USN stenciled on the back of the collar on the LW 7823 (AER) & Amend. The LW 7823(AER) from fiscal year; 1958 has the USN punched on the windflap. I did a review of mine a couple months ago, perhaps it will be helpful.

Thank you so much Jorge.
You probably have the best collection of jackets.
That one from the link is gorgeous

Last edited: