• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woo.

MikeyB-17

For a change, I didn’t get outbid by a quid. Just won this:-
Always fancied a B-9. Will naturally report when it arrives.

MikeyB-17

Oo er, been a bit naughty this week. Already bought a B-9, now I see this sitting there at only £60. Did a bit of sniping and nabbed it for £64. That’s three Bronson jackets this year, although I think the AL-1 may be for the chop, depending how I like this one.

MikeyB-17

It’s actually the same chap who I’ve bought the B-9 from. I see he’s got a Bronson USN A-2 for sale as well. What he’s doing with all these Bronson jackets I dunno, but I’m not complaining!

B-Man2

It’s actually the same chap who I’ve bought the B-9 from. I see he’s got a Bronson USN A-2 for sale as well. What he’s doing with all these Bronson jackets I dunno, but I’m not complaining!
From the great sales he’s having … doesn’t really look like he’s a fan of the brand . But as you said ….. his dislikes … fall right into place with your likes. Congrats !

MikeyB-17

B-9 arrived yesterday. Now this I really like. Mouton lined hood is beautiful, as is the quilted duck down filled lining, and it’s really light and comfortable to wear. Fit is spot on for me as a 44. No quality control issues at all. I wore it this morning out on the cliffs, and even with just a t-shirt on underneath I got a bit too warm when I was walking uphill-it may not get much more wear this year! Only minor gripe is the plastic reinforced zip, but nobody’s going to stop their horse and cart to look at that.
Looking forward to the N-1 arriving this week from the same seller.

CBI

Yep, much to my initial surprise, Bronson has been batting 100000 with what I have purchased. Great look and details w/o the usual price tag.

Last edited:

bfd70

C6142313-13F6-43D4-B75B-3EB4C0E7FBA3.jpeg

MikeyB-17

Well now the N-1 has turned up as well, fits great and I really like it. I’ve always fancied one ever since I saw the famous shot of Paul Newman wearing one, and now I can look just like he did. :D:D
Lining is the same wool mix fleece as the AL-1, which has a nice feel and is not at all itchy. This is my third Bronson jacket since Xmas, and the first where I’ve encountered a quality control issue-one of the seams on the edge of the zip panel by the lining looks to have been ripped out and redone, with a load of loose fibres still in the seam. Not a big deal and I will probably pick them all out before long. Also there’s a 1” hole in the lining at the bottom-it was sold as BNWOT and I can’t see any sign of damage anywhere else, so I reckon it left the factory like it. I’m sure I can stitch it up without any trouble, which is what I would probably have done even if I had bought it new, rather than go through the pantomime of sending it back. For £64 I’m not complaining-and it’s a lot nicer than a Pike Brothers N-1 I saw in an Exeter vintage shop a while back. On the whole I am really pleased with it and will be keeping it-whether I keep the AL-1 or not remains to be seen, it’s a lovely jacket but the B-9 and this one suit me better, especially the B-9 which I am delighted with. Watch the ‘What jacket are you wearing?’ thread for fit pics soon!

CBI

thats too bad about those few issues but sounds like not too much of problem and for the price.......heck yes! I wear my Bronson N-1 often, its a great jacket. Its not as 10000% accurate is the BR I used to own but I actually prefer the slightly less heavy fabric, the jackets a bit less poofy and the lining/collar fells better to me than 100% wool. Can still break out the original if needed.