• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Willis & Geiger G-1 repros

blaze424

Does anyone know whether W&G made their 1980/1990s repro G-1s in house? Or did the outsource the manufacturing - and to whom?

Thanks

B-Man2

Does anyone know whether W&G made their 1980/1990s repro G-1s in house? Or did the outsource the manufacturing - and to whom?

Thanks
I don’t know the answer to your question but I don’t know why they would do that. They certainly had been making large numbers of jackets for the military and for commercial sales. They had all of the manufacturing equipment in place and very few companies were out sourcing much back in those days, so I’d be surprised if they were doing that.

Chandler

Don't I remember W&G having a connection with Stewart at Lost Worlds? Or was that another company?

Arthur

W&G made some really nice quality clothing back in the 1980’s. They had a store in Oxford Ms with everything W&G produced. Ihad a A-2 from W&G which wasn’t close to anything, as they never made contract A-2’s, but it was comfortable and fit me really well. If my memory serves me, W&G got into financial trouble and they were finally sold to Land’s End.they ended production and the line ceased to exist by 1999