• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Which came First" ??????

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hello , seeking info for a good emblem buff friend , am wondering which of two emblems used by the 90th Fighter Squadron of the 80th Fighter Group was used first , they flew both P-40 and P-47 aircraft , the emblems depict a Bear wearing boxing gloves swinging arm in an arc leaving Red/White/Blue movement line and stars, the other depicts a Rabbit wearing boxing glove in similar design .

If you know which was first please post your answer here or PM me , much thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny/EMBLEMHUNTER

TankBuster

I can't answer your question for sure Johnny, but here is a original patch from a pilot that flew with the squadron in 1943 before being transferred to the 75th FS in early 1944. That would lead me to believe the rabbit version was first, but I cant say for sure.

67916404-39f7-45cc-9d77-63faa1968492_zpsxbwiudcl.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks Jeff K , I have gotten a few other replies on various posts to the like of the Rabbit being first also , just need to find someone with a photo/document with "date" as to when it was first designed ........