• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which brand produce or reproduce best M-65?

Chandler

I have an original issue in Woodland camo I'll sell you for $200. ;)

Seriously, have M-65s dropped off in surplus availability? I had one from 1975 I wish I'd kept.

mulceber

I have an original issue in Woodland camo I'll sell you for $200. ;)

Seriously, have M-65s dropped off in surplus availability? I had one from 1975 I wish I'd kept.
Most things have dropped off surplus ability, as far as I can tell. Surplus stores have gone the way of the dodo, it seems. :(

Chandler

Most things have dropped off surplus ability, as far as I can tell. Surplus stores have gone the way of the dodo, it seems. :(
Got one just over the border in WI from me that I need to visit, but I actually meant surplus anywhere -- like eBay, even.

ZuZu

There's honestly no reason to purchase a repro M-65, unless you just want a new jacket. Surplus examples are all over eBay (for well under $100 USD) and I still encounter them regularly in surplus stores, and vintage shops here in the states.
I've even found relatively pristine 1960s ones in vintage stores which don't know militaria within the last 5 years. For 50 bucks or so.

coolhandluke

I've even found relatively pristine 1960s ones in vintage stores which don't know militaria within the last 5 years. For 50 bucks or so.

IIRC, I paid $20-$25 for my '67 dated M-65 with a steel Conmar zip. That was probably 10 years ago though. The 70's and 80's dated copies with brass zippers are normally priced in the $35 - $50 range when I run across them locally.

Erwin

Even these made by Real McCoy's are so-so, in my opinion, there are no great reproductions of the m65 field coat - nothing beats a genuine contract jacket [these can not lose value]. Why pay more for reproduction if you can find cheap genuine contract jackets at a really low price? Especially in the USA.

BTW Alpha jackets are not the best ones, those made in 1967 by sub-contractors are more interesting [from the collecting perspective], or those with no epaulets [from the initial production run]. The most accurate reproductions were made a few years back in Vietnam. These were sold by a few repro makers as their products with a tag added ;)