• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is the best place to get replacement m-422A knits?

bazelot

I will have to change the knits of the M-422A I just got (not received yet but the knits will be the first to go). Where can I get a hold of some quality knits?
Here are pics of the jacket:

1d31_3.jpg

1db8_3.jpg

1e04_3.jpg

1ee8_3.jpg

1f4c_3.jpg

bfrench

Administrator
bazelot said:
I will have to change the knits of the M-422A I just got (not received yet but the knits will be the first to go). Where can I get a hold of some quality knits?
Here are pics of the jacket:

Hi, bazelot,

From what I remember is if you're in the UK - Aero has good knits and will replace the knits for you.

If you're in the US - Gibson and Barnes (FlightSuits) have excellent knits but you'll have to get someone to replace them.

Also the guys who have done some restoring recommend G&B as having the best ribrack waist knits.

Bill French

zoomer

The G&B waists do go slack quickly, however. They are one-ply, loose-knit, and not elasticized (all of which, I gather, is period approptiate).

bazelot

I am getting the G &B knits today. Their prices are awesome. I now have to look for someone local to put them on :)
Thanks for all the info guys. I will post pics pre and post restore.

bazelot

Got the G&B knits today. They are awesome. I compared them to the original knits on my Gordon and Ferguson M-422A and they are almost an exact match. A little thicker and darker but otherwise perfect.