• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the Story With This Jacket?

dmar836

I took this pic at Oshkosh last week. Killer paint job! Now I see it as Andrew's avatar. My astute companion at the time ID'd it as a Bronco.
There was a discussion criticizing it somewhere but I cannot remember if it was here. Perhaps it was a repro of this being sold?
I see nothing wrong but does anyone else remember the controversy?

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

Dave

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Dave thought Andrew's avatar was the same as the jacket in his first post, but it isn't

Not the jacket ... Dave thought the paint job was the same.

Andrew

It's generically similar to the work on mine using the KOTH logo, but the really interesting bit is that it's basically exactly the same as the artwork on an un named B10 on page 105 in "American Flight Jackets" except that has only 30 missions recorded on it. I wonder if it was from a member of the same crew?

Again really nice artwork and based on what I now know about the work on mine being done in the Philippines I wonder if that was also done there.

Mine
DSC_0665.jpg

dmar836

Yeah, Andrew's has different colored lettering, no plane silhouette, etc. Andrew, does yours have an bombs on it?
Maybe I'm slipping about there being a controversy about a particular jacket and that others were knocking the provenance or something. Oh well. Great to have multiple examples of one artwork pattern survive!

RCSignals

deeb7 said:
RCSignals said:
Dave thought Andrew's avatar was the same as the jacket in his first post, but it isn't

Jacket, paint job, they're kind of like ham and eggs.

But seriously, still not the same as what is in Andrew's avatar.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:

Exactly ... it's a similar jacket in another thread that Dave's looking for. I can't see it here, perhaps it was on a different forum.

Andrew

RCSignals said:
deeb7 said:
RCSignals said:

I know, but I suppose if you're glancing through you could easily be mistaken. I thought the work on mine was the most beautiful i'd ever seen but it pales in comparison to that amazing example. Oh well, gotta keep lookin'

- just kidding.