• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What patch, and jacket is Chennault wearing?

claire_zpsi33k9pvl.jpg
The picture was taken in 1934.

shedonwanna

I have never seen a close up of the patch but I think it is associated with the Air Corps Tactical School at Maxwell AFB. Chennault was chief of the pursuit section and formed an acrobatic team known as "Three Men on a Flying Trapeze". Google and you will find more images and history. I'll leave it to other experts on the forum to identify the jacket. I believe it has been discussed here on VLJ in the past.

DiamondDave

33 Werber? Top stitched waist, riveted zipper, appears to have throat latch jutting out of the end of the collar stand. Also, those great scalloped pocket flaps. I could be wrong as I am no expert on pre war stuff.

DD

shedonwanna

Here is the patch from the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum collection. Not sure what photobucket is up too with the previous post.

Roughwear

DiamondDave said:
33 Werber? Top stitched waist, riveted zipper, appears to have throat latch jutting out of the end of the collar stand. Also, those great scalloped pocket flaps. I could be wrong as I am no expert on pre war stuff.

DD

I agree. 1933 Werber.