• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is this? Paypal question!

Dr H

tcwu said:
I sold one item on e-bay and at same time I got this e-mail from Paypal:
Transaction XXXXXXXX under PayPal Payment Review‏

Anyone what's going on here?

It's not e-check ...I have to wait till paypal send me another e-mail say the payment is clear then I can mail my item.
Any one has the same experience?

My guess is buyer is from oversea and sending payment from oversea but with domestic (USA) address?

Not necessarily - one of my recent sales (fortunately for a tiny amount) was reviewed and returned to sender on the basis that the buyer's activity was suspicious, despite the money sitting in my account.

It was returned to the sender and I was left with the charges...not a happy camper...

ButteMT61

I had a number of those. No reason to worry on your end if your CC is good, etc. They told me it can be normal, and they all passed thru in a day or so.
If it doesn't go thru in 1-2 days, call them up. I think it's them protecting themselves and sellers.

ciddu

A few days ago my paypal account was hacked, and several unknown USA delivery address were added.
Paypal promptly noticed it and within the day freezed the account, blocking every outbound transaction.
Luckily no transaction was done, but if something had happened Paypal was ready refund the payment made by the hacker.
That may be your case, funds could be held in stand by waiting to check if it's a legitimate buy/sale .
The funds could be released within a few hours, if the buyer confirms it all to Paypal quickly.