• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best torso to display vintage jackets?

bebel

Hello,

I'm searching a model of torso for display which is not too long. So, I guess the waist knit will not be stretched if it's falling under the torso waist. All display torsos I have are presenting an "inverted bottle" profil at the waist and are too long and too large.
Do you know such a model? Those for children's gears display are to small at shoulders. I do not like to make one myself because I'm not a good manual worker. I also would like to have a hood finition on the top to place a cap or any other head gear.

Wesbster display does not have what i would like to find. Do you know any other source?

Thanks of help.

Franck

dmar836

Franck,
I have found that, as with most things in this disposable world, mannequins and torsos typically need to be modified to work for our purposes. I have had to saw off the bottom of the torso mannequin and make an internal brace to mount the stand. Another full mannequin I had to cut down the middle of his body and used hot glue and tan duck tape to put him back together.
Dave

bebel

Thank you, Dave.

It's all what I would not like to do but I'm afraid that I have not the choice... :(

Franck

Rocky

Try a company by the name of Roxy Displays.
The one that I use is the JF-MBSW. Works for A2's and Officers Jackets. If you have a jacket that is small like a size 36, they have a child size one that works great.

A

Anonymous

dmar836 said:
Franck,
I have found that, as with most things in this disposable world, mannequins and torsos typically need to be modified to work for our purposes. I have had to saw off the bottom of the torso mannequin and make an internal brace to mount the stand. Another full mannequin I had to cut down the middle of his body and used hot glue and tan duck tape to put him back together.
Dave
You should be in Medical school, or at the very least a Coroners office, they cut, saw, and glue torsos all the time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dmar836

After your question, Franck, I looked on Ebay and found some short ones that would work for jackets without any hanging out underneath. I just searched for male mannequin and eventually found some that would work.
Dave