• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what about shaving rules into USAAF ?????

dujardin

shavingrules.jpg

i think this guy need a good excuse to avoid 4 dayssssssssssssss

byeeeeeeeee marcel

Swing

Bottom of the photo explains it all, Alaska. Probably the only theater a pilot could get away with that.

Some pretty ratty cuffs on that A-2 of his.

~Swing

Andrew

The caption to this reads;

Wallace Munson with Beard. Photo taken at Sydney while Munson was on leave from Port Moresby, 1943 (Munson was forced to shave the beard off before resuming combat flying, since the beard interfered with oxygen masks.) 43BW, 64 Sq

MunsonwithBeqrd1.jpg

Chandler

tamoko said:
vf-17.jpg

Hard Job, no time for "shaving rules"

The US Navy always had a tolerance for facial hair, especially aboard ship. Not sure if it's still holds true to this day.

Chandler

kevlarg

Here is a picture of Chicago Tribune reporter Beaver Thompson who jumped with the 82nd airborne into Sicily armed with a typewriter strapped to his chest.

krause1.jpg

There is a better picture of him walking around with General Gavin after a couple of days in Sicily. He was grubby and wearing an m42 jump jacket. If I remember I will scan the picture when I am home.