• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what a mail......

dujardin

hello allllll

i receive several mail from a friend.

----------------------------------------
concern : L.... R..... A2 Jacket 414 th NFS

Marcel,

I visited L..... R..... today, 12-10-2011. L..... is 89 and he had recently unpacked a footlocker where he found his original flight jacket for the 414th NFS. I took these photographs for you, I hope you like them. I am sending more in another email.

Thans for helping me reconnect with L...... L told me that A..... is still around and living in ......... state.

signed : R P

-------------------

the photos i received are splendid, L..... and his original A2 - with original WW2 patch and back paint

sorry guys, i have no time to place photos now, i have family obligations.
you will have to wait i'm back this evening :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

but i was too impatient to inform you of this news ---- watch outttttttttttttttttt

-----------------------

i change a little my original post by erasing the name, simply to respect private life.

442RCT

Can't wait to see the photos. :eek: :D :D

I promise to post a pic of Michelle (I didn't take it, this was in her modeling daze).

dujardin

will realise some work on the photos and place on photobucket...see you in a few minutes

and noooooo, no adress where is the footlocker

that's why i don't give data on the veteran and also why i have to make some work on the photo.

i wish to preserve him of harassment

dujardin

here comes photooooooos

1jpg-1.jpg

2jpg.jpg

4jpg.jpg

5jpg.jpg

3-3.png

7-1.png

6-1.png

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
marcel

MikeyB-17

That's some of the best WWII art I've ever seen on a jacket! Tell him to get it off that wire coat hanger though!

SuinBruin

Nice Bronco. So cool to see these still in the hands (and on the backs) of the vets who wore them in service. Thanks for posting Marcel.

RCSignals

Fantastic artwork.
It is quite possible that jacket has been in that foot locker without being worn since the end of the war. if that is the case it shows perhaps the amount of real wear these jackets may have had after a 'tour'.

Andrew

Wow, now that is a special piece. I love the artwork! So what's the story behind it Marcel?

I agree, it really is where it belongs, but I just hope it ultimately stays in his family and is looked after by someone who will really appreciate it and remeber the guy who owned it. Which makes me wonder, for every jacket that's in all our collections surely there are a lot more (you'd hope) that have stayed with the family and are being cared for as reminders of Grandpa? I only hope...

dujardin

thanks guyssssssss

i was sure it will please you

Andrew..
the story begin like this
once upon a time..... :lol: :lol:
no.....simply, i receive this mail
-----
Vendredi 12 août 2011 08:49
Dear Marcel,

My name is R P and I have been searching for a way to communicate with you for two months.

I found the photograph you posted of L R .
You see L R is the flight instructor who provided me with trainning and insight for all of the pilot ratings I have obtained except Private Pilot Single engine land.
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Single Engine Land, Multi Engine Land, Certified Flight Instructor, Single engine and Multi engine Land, Instrument Instructor.

L R is still alive and I am requesting a good quality scaned copy of the photograph so that I can provied a copy for myself and L R.

I can pay you for this service , make a contribution to your web site, or any cherity you chose.

My email address is: [email protected]

Please contact me. I hope it will be possible to scan the photography.

Thank You,

R P
----------

so, i contact him; exchange some mails.
and some days ago, i receive the mail with L R 's photo.

so, at this time, i'm in contact with R P who met L R in 1968(that's my supposition because RP is 63years old)
and now, RP will probably put me in contact with LR.
i hope i may write him and exchange many mails (letters), maybe get private (scan) photos, learn a little of his life, where he spend free time when he was in Belgium, know the name of his plane, learn about missions he did, aso aso aso....
i really wish to be in contact with a veteran, it's fascinating.

i hope to have some money (soon) to buy a good A2, maybe a repro; and make a splendid reproduction as close as these original jacket.

another dream is to buy a ticket and visit USA, greet some friends and give a special visit to this veteran.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

one thing is sure, i will make a nice display in my cellar honoring those guys of the NFS present at Florennes airbase. as i will do to honorate the ground crew without whom, no planes in the air. for this i will honor an armorer , i'm in contact with his son who provide me two splendid books and personnal photos (scan) and a large photo dedicated by his father.

will keep you informed if i have contact with LR and get specific information

byeeeeeeee

dujardin

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

no....you're wrong this not Al Jones

if you know him, please, can you maintain (remain) his identity hidded

pleasssssssse

many thanks

marcel

Stony

You are correct, this is not Al Jones, but the jackets are very close with the artwork. Al's P-61 is heading the other direction on the artwork on the back of his jacket and both pilots have three victories. The squadron patch looks to be the same. I forgot who the maker of Al's jacket is, but I'll call him and ask.

I ran into Al a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to go golfing again. We went last year and he still hits them straight down the middle of the fairway, although not as far as he used to. I hope to be hitting them that good when I'm 91.

I'll post the type of A-2 Al has after I talk to him.

Cheers,

Stony

Stony

Just got off the phone with Al and his jacket is also a Bronco, but it's the W33-038ac1761 contract, as he read the specs off of the label for me. Al's A-2 is also in seal horsehide and it still fits him as he said he's about the same weight at 91 as he was at 24.

While we were on the phone, he told me about when the Germans attacked during the Battle of the Bulge and they advanced within about 10 miles of their airbase. Al said that they issued everyone weapons in case they had to defend the base as because of the bad weather they couldn't fly their P-61s.

It's stories like these that make these flight jackets interesting. In my case, it's always been about the stories.

Cheers,

Stony

TankBuster

Stony said:

You are correct, this is not Al Jones, but the jackets are very close with the artwork. Al's P-61 is heading the other direction on the artwork on the back of his jacket and both pilots have three victories. The squadron patch looks to be the same. I forgot who the maker of Al's jacket is, but I'll call him and ask.

I ran into Al a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to go golfing again. We went last year and he still hits them straight down the middle of the fairway, although not as far as he used to. I hope to be hitting them that good when I'm 91.

I'll post the type of A-2 Al has after I talk to him.

Cheers,

Stony

The jackets are very similar. Maybe they were painted by the same person? Both jackets are really fantastic!

Stony

The jackets are very similar. Maybe they were painted by the same person? Both jackets are really fantastic!

I actually know who this jacket belongs to, but it has been asked that they remain anonymous. It is kind of weird that both jackets are made by Bronco, although a different contract (Bronco only made two contracts).