• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watson's Whizzers

Weasel_Loader

Got the patch today from Johnny (EMBLEMHUNTER). Very impressed!!! This one might go on my GW 27752 when I find someone to sew it on. Thanks again Johnny! ;)

Whizzers001.jpg

m2622.jpg

dujardin

splendiddddddddddddd

endlessly a good view on this patch.
to place it in my file can someone tell me wich group and squadron it is, thankssss

marcel

deand

Brilliant! The uniqueness of the patch is a real plus, and the rendering of it is masterful, as usual! Nice to see a project come to together. Kudos to you both!

dean

dmar836

Marcel,
Watson's Wizzers were a tech group formed to recover German aircraft for tech research. I'm sure there is a number logged somewhere for them but I don't think they were attached to any specific group or squadron. If I'm not mistaken, they were a team formed for just this task.

Dave

Weasel_Loader

I've been searching and searching and have yet to find any photo of this patch being worn. Yes, the patch existed, but would love to find a photo of it in use. ;)

CBI

cool great - may need to try painting one of these when I get the time (when???? :twisted: )

A

Anonymous

This could make a great movie, someone start a script. Without Tom Cruise.

unclegrumpy

chitchat said:
This could make a great movie, someone start a script.

...but can we at least have a juicy love interest or two, and some family or drug/drinking problems, so it isn't all about history, airplanes, flying and war?

Ben Affleck is probably available :lol:

EMBLEMHUNTER

Great movie idea, they have a few "New Made" 262's flying or getting ready to fly , so they would have the "correct" aircraft type for it!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments all om the patch, I really enjoyed doing it !!!!!!!!
Johnny/WeBeEmblems/Emblemhunter

EMBLEMHUNTER

So far the only place I've seen the emblem used was on the ME-262's noses , but they did have the patch made as I was sent a zerox copy of an "original" that was never attached to a jacket but had come from the estate of Col.Watson, my friend who's passed actually knew him personally and this is where he got the copy from .

I would think that there's a chance that one or more were put onto thier jackets , but probably at a later date, or maybe being the unit was short lived all the pilots/crew that got them just put them away .
Johnny

Weasel_Loader

Very true. The patch or patches could very well have been been made after or near the end of the program and personnel just stashed them away. Either way it was a nice design.

I'm down to one A-2 for quite a while and I've already got a jacket art design in the plans for that one. Someday, I'll find an A-2 for my Whizzers patch. ;)