• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warbirds

johnwayne

Warning if this title grabs you like it did me!
Saw this come up, tucked away on one of the Uk's Sky digital channels and believing it to be something really interesting about piston engine restorations or wreck recovery, it was a TV film and a very bad one at that, almost a 50's B movie style film that was so awful I was intrigued and watched for longer than I should have!! The only thing that kept me watching as long as I did was the lovely female pilot and crew all in immaculate red lipstick, flying a B29 (a poor CGI version) and wearing ridiiculously oversized flight jackets!!! To cut along story short they crash onto a Japanese occupied island but the ladies concerned are not the warbirds of the title (and nor do they get to take their clothes off either, well not that I saw, anyway) BUT, prehistoric flying T-Rex's monsters!!!!
Could it become a VLJ'ers cult movie - I suspect not but interested if anyone else saw it? If you didn't dont bother setting the record button!!!

Cheers
Wayne

MikeyB-17

I nearly recorded this, but a quick glance at the 'I' button revealed that it was likely to be a load of piffle, so I deleted it.

kevlarg

From our folks at the urban dictionary:

T rex t*ts - physical condition most commonly affecting females of short stature and large bust size. The combination of short arms and enormous breasts leads to the woman's inability to pick up objects without knocking them over with her breasts. Condition is exacerbated through alcohol consumption and is most noticeable when beer bottles are knocked over.

fishmeok

HA! That would make an awesome drinking game- just take a slug everytime someone says "over" :lol:

I'm confused about the Zero's flown by tarted up american wopmen protecting a B-29 with two people in it though.

Sci Fi channel seems to churn these things out like the old 40's Republic serials. I think they must be aimed at twelve year olds.
Cheers
Mark

Silver Dollar

fishmeok said:
HA! That would make an awesome drinking game- just take a slug everytime someone says "over" :lol:

I'm confused about the Zero's flown by tarted up american wopmen protecting a B-29 with two people in it though.

Sci Fi channel seems to churn these things out like the old 40's Republic serials. I think they must be aimed at twelve year olds.
Cheers
Mark

Yep, those movies are aimed at 12 year olds at best. I unfortunately saw this one. it's even worse than the Amazing Story episode where a B17 was shot up, lost its landing gear and the ball turret gunner was stuck in the ball. He drew a picture of a B17 with big yellow cartoon wheels which came out of the gear bays and saved the gunner. When the gunner was safely out of the ball, the cartoon wheels disappeared and the aircraft collapsed crushing the turret. I was traumatized for weeks. :(

capt71

Silver Dollar said:
Yep, those movies are aimed at 12 year olds at best. I unfortunately saw this one. it's even worse than the Amazing Story episode where a B17 was shot up, lost its landing gear and the ball turret gunner was stuck in the ball. He drew a picture of a B17 with big yellow cartoon wheels which came out of the gear bays and saved the gunner. When the gunner was safely out of the ball, the cartoon wheels disappeared and the aircraft collapsed crushing the turret. I was traumatized for weeks. :(
Hey, that episode was from "Amazing Stories" by Steven Spielberg. It starred Kevin Costner as the pilot. I loved it! It was based on a true story, wasn't it ?? Well, wasn't it???? -- IT WASN'T????? Oh, no, say it ain't so...... I'm "crushed"!!! (Well, I still loved it!)