• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want my first G1

Hobbstc

Hey guys. Looking for my first G1. I am looking at the used issue ones on eBay and was wondering about sizes. I have a '39 Aero A2 from Goodwear in size 42 and it fits well but is a bit snug in the armpits. I weas wondering with the biswing back if I should get the same size or if I should go up a size to get something with a bit more room. I don't like the big baggy look and living in Florida I don't need to wear thick sweaters or anything under it. Just thirsts and dress shirts. Thanks!

MikeyB-17

You need measurements-G-1 contracts differ widely in size. One maker's 42 may be considerably bigger or smaller than another's, or even than the same manufacturer's but a different contract. I am usually a size 42, but I once had a size 42 Gregory Sportswear G-1 that I could barely zip up. I also had a '63 Irvin B.Foster B Series in a 44 that fitted me perfectly, yet other Irvin B.'s in a 42 fit fine. Know your measurements and make sure you find out what the jacket measures, especially chest, across the shoulders, and sleeve length. Good luck, prices seem to have gone up, but you can still get a bargain if you're lucky-I only paid £80 for my '64 Irvin B.Foster C series, and it's the best G-1 I've owned.

Marv

I agree, my size is usually between an 44" and 46" and I picked up a 1968 Martin Lane in size 46" but I did this without measurement and it's basically a modern size 44", I can still wear it and believe it or not it does look ok on but it's a little snug for my liking.

It was bought as a restore project that I haven't got around to yet, the hide is in good condition but needs a clean and a coat of pecards to bring it back to life.

The knits need replacing and I will also need to replace the zipper as it has started to come away on male end on the zipper tape, apart from that, that's it....oh and lose a bit of weight for a more comfortable fit. :)