• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

waiting! (or, how the VLJ has gutted my wallet)

SuinBruin

Well, I did it. Due to some intrafamily generosity I recently found myself with the good fortune to be able to afford another Good Wear jacket, and based on the recent posts of John's work and new horsehide, I could no longer resist. I gave him a call yesterday and after kicking around some of the hide, zip, and thread options, I went in for a Dubow 27798 in the new dull dark russet HH with a Crown zip. Deposit made, place in queue taken. Now for the four month march....

In the meantime I will console myself with my two other GWs (a goat Bronco -- awesome! -- and a seal HH Perry [one of John's test/return jackets, with a shoulder decal and name tag].) I also ordered a Cafe Racer from Aero last October through Mark Moye, and that jacket will hopefully be coming in the next few weeks. (It's already overdue, having gone from "before Christmas," to "no later than January," to, as of yesterday, "about 2-3 more weeks." Oh well.)

Add into the mix the ATF M-41 I ordered last week (couldn't resist at $75), the Alpha L-2A I picked up in December (partially fulfilling the Saber pilot fantasy), and the LVC Japan type II denim jacket I got last month and my jacket cup runneth over. Looking over the wreckage of my finances over the last four months wrought by jacket purchases, all I can say is that this is a very dangerous forum and I have spent a lot more money than I ever imagined on jackets since signing up here. But between the pending Aero, GW, and new nylon/cloth/denim, I think my jacket appetite is sated. For now. (It's a good thing I don't care for mouton collars, or else I'd be in serious trouble with Navy jackets and B-10s and -15s. Yikes!)

cheers,
matt

SuinBruin

atkins said:
Matt,

You're forgeting boots, mae west, crusher cap, oxygen mask, etc :D

Best,
Atkins
I'm going to fill out my vintage warbird collection first. I'll start with a P-51, then pick up a P-47, probably branch out into the bombers next with a B-25 and B-17, maybe get a Spitfire in there somewhere.... :lol: