• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Rough Wear W535-ac-18091

chamboid

Won this on ebay recently, and it's soon going to be on it's way to Bill Kelso to be reconditioned. Haven't had the jacket in hand yet, but the more I look at the photos I worry about the leather, seller says it's strong and supple, but i see, especially in the zipper box photo a worry red colour under the topcoat. anyone one with a better knowledge and eye put my mind at rest?

Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUE-VINTAGE- ... true&rt=nc

Vcruiser

Seems kind of risky to send the jacket out to be refurbished before looking closely at it and trying it on.
Van

Silver Surfer

agree with vc, as the nomenclature tag and size tag were hand sewn in, thus the size may or may not be a 38. whats more, if the tags are the original tags, the actual size could be more like a 36 due to shrinkage. all that said, for what ya paid, ya cant go too wrong. bk is the right outfit for work on originals, so you are in good hands. best of luck with it.

Roughwear

You sure got a bargain there! The colour is original to the jacket, but the lining has been replaced as have the knits. It does look like a size 36, but of course only trying it on will confirm this. The goatskin appears to be in good order. Restored this will be a lovely jacket. Good luck.

bseal

The cynic in me thought that his question was merely subtext to demonstrate his awe inspiring bargain. :p

chamboid

Not at all a subtext. Only place to come to to ask a question and get an informed answer. Having not handled the jacket I've been studying at the pictures and wanted a bit reassurance I hadn't bought a dud.

After it's been refurbished with the right knits and lining then I tout it about and show of what a show stopper of a bargin I got.

Cheers guys for putting my me a ease. Thought for the price I might have bought a booby.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though. You are a bunch of old women sometimes.

Haha