• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage photos of leather jackets

cgreen

Hi Everyone,

Hope the weekend's taking it easy on you all.

I'm interested in finding vintage photos of men and women wearing flight and moto jackets but the web has proven surprisingly basic - I like Marlon Brando as much as the next person but if I see one more photo from him in The Wild One as a reference to when leather jackets exploded on the civilian scene I'm gonna scream.

Seems every article references Schott, then World War II, then Brando, then The Ramones, then a parade of celebrities - Madonna, Kate Moss, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, etc - wearing jackets while out running around.

I'm interested in finding B&W or color photos of period men and women wearing and using these jackets - or old advertising campaigns of the same. Does anyone have any ideas where I can go to source them? Looking for everyone's thoughts, thanks much.

Chris

Chandler

The Photo Gallery Forum is where you want to look.

cgreen

The Photo Gallery Forum is where you want to look.
That's fantastic, I didn't know that existed. Will check it now, thank you!