• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Bormcolt

vintage patina

Hi all,

Just wanted to present my new aquistion. It almost has the style of a half-belt, at least to me. I especially like the bi-swing back. I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping after I feel the leather I'll be able to deterimine if it is horsehide. Anyhoo, has anyone seen this Bormcolt brand before and happen to know anything about the company? Maybe what years they were in business.

This jacket appears to be vintage, so I'd really like to try and narrow down a decade for this jacket. Can anyone help? Thanks!

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... =slideshow

I've never seen that brand, but it's probably a safe bet to say it's from the 50s. I love these older jackets, yours looks to be in great shape. Nice find.

fedoralover

asiamiles

vintage patina said:
Just wanted to present my new aquistion. It almost has the style of a half-belt, at least to me. I especially like the bi-swing back. I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping after I feel the leather I'll be able to deterimine if it is horsehide. Anyhoo, has anyone seen this Bormcolt brand before and happen to know anything about the company? Maybe what years they were in business.
Would be strange of Borman to call the jacket a Bormcolt if it wasn't horsehide.