• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN M-69e and M-69f

coanda

Good Morning
I am new to the forum, I have been collecting Irvin jackets for some years (I currently own about 6) However my question is with regard to the two coats of which I have attached phographs, one is marked as a M-69f the other is missing it's label but I am lead to believe it is a M69e (?) can any one give any information on them? Both fit a good 46" chest, I can find nothing on either of them, what was their purpose........etc. and I guess as an aside are they of any value, certainly the condition and workmanship of both is beautiful.
Very many thanks in advance to any one out there who can be of any assistance!
Regards to all.
Coanda
CIMG2851.jpg

CIMG2856.jpg

CIMG2853.jpg

CIMG2852.jpg

jack aranda

Hi, Coanda:
I have a variation on these two coats: button front; no wool collar; no ID. Definitely goatskin. History I have on the jacket is that it was made in the U.S. before WWII and was part of lend-lease to USSR. Seems probable as I have seen a picture of the Russian pilot who wore it. No idea of maker. No idea of intrinsic worth; I paid a little over $100 for mine. Hope this helps.