• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAF Airplane 1st Aid Kit.

a2 fng

Any ideas as to what aircraft this would be fitted to(its Nam period DSA)??

Done a google search with the part number and while it didnt come up with the same as mine it showed one attached inside an AH64 Apache cockpit ;)

DSCF0004-2.jpg

DSCF0005-9.jpg

DSCF0006-4.jpg

dav3469

I believe that the first aid kit of this style was a general item that would have been in a wide variety of non ejection seat aircraft and helicopters. I have seen them in many airframes from Huey's to C-130's.

I have a WWII era kit that is basically the same, only in canvas.

I am on vacation right now, and return home next week. When I get home I will give my survival equipment reference books a look see for more specific information.

a2 fng

Thanks guys.

Its definately Nam ear as it has the DSA coding-the early DSA without the date.

Inside are various items(not complete)-Field dressings and eye pads.

watchmanjimg

The only number I can see appears to be a National Stock Number (NSN) or Federal Stock Number (FSN). Do any of the components have dates? This may be a more reliable clue as to the kit's vintage, although of course they are expendable and could have been replaced over time.