• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAAF A-1 Engineer Sweater info/wanted

Persimmon

I am looking at buying a A-1 Engineer Sweater - size 38/40
I found a thread entitled Bargain Basement but sadly the UK supplier mentioned - Outdoor Knitwear now only has this sweater in “Michelin Man” large sizes.
I have seen that Bronson have a sort of version and of course Eastman have their offering. At a pretty price !
Has anyone bought the Eastman version - recommenced re quality ? ... and how is the sizing - is it true or would I need to size up as they are a relatively tight fitting sweater ?
Does anyone have one for sale or any link to any other worthwhile supplier.
Being based in the UK overseas suppliers postage may outway the Eastman cost differences I guess.
Anyway. Any thoughts or help would be well received.

s4rmark

The Eastman A-1 sweater is oversized, I ordered a 40 which is my normal size and it was way to big I sent it back and got a 38 which I’m happy with.
5C0578C7-CCC6-4105-8316-61911CF4D745.jpeg

B-Man2

I am looking at buying a A-1 Engineer Sweater - size 38/40
I found a thread entitled Bargain Basement but sadly the UK supplier mentioned - Outdoor Knitwear now only has this sweater in “Michelin Man” large sizes.
I have seen that Bronson have a sort of version and of course Eastman have their offering. At a pretty price !
Has anyone bought the Eastman version - recommenced re quality ? ... and how is the sizing - is it true or would I need to size up as they are a relatively tight fitting sweater ?
Does anyone have one for sale or any link to any other worthwhile supplier.
Being based in the UK overseas suppliers postage may outway the Eastman cost differences I guess.
Anyway. Any thoughts or help would be well received.
Hi
I have an original, an ELC and a Outdoor(NIFFI) .
The commercial ones run one size larger so if you might consider ordering down one size . The quality of the commercial sweaters is very good . (I wrote the bargain basement post you referred to) . I would look around before I dropped all of my cash on an ELC as the others are pretty much equal in quality .

Yockers

As far as I'm aware, both 'soldier of fortune' and 'what price glory' both sell sell them, I cant say how accurate they are as not seen them in the flesh, if purchasing the WPG version it'll probably be shipped into the uk from the UAE , delivery is quick and from what I've experienced comes under the import duty threshold.