• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Authentic Sz 42 On e-Bay

zoomer

I'd check the measurements with the seller. I own a US-A goat 42 and the pit measure is closer to 23 1/2" - quite a difference when doubled. Mine is slimming, but comfortable.

zoomer

US-A's standard jacket fitting is suitable for guys who take Long sizes. They make to measure at no extra charge.

I'm really a Medium-long thanks to my arms and trunk length, so they're a good fit on me.

Burnsie

They're sizing is odd - I had a US A in goat several years ago that went on the bay - too long, and I had to size down, they run a bit large. Large and long. Yep.

442RCT

First time this jacket was put on eBay, it had a start price of $ 150 and a BIN of $ 250. No bidders.
When it was relisted, it had a start price of $ 49.95 and a BIN of $ 250. It sold this time around for $165.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I've noticed that, generally speaking, if a seller has a low start price...it generates interest and bidders will bid against each other to buy the item and the seller winds up with at least their reserve. I'm sure sellers get burned using this strategy, but like I said, this was a general observation.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
I've noticed that, generally speaking, if a seller has a low start price...it generates interest and bidders will bid against each other to buy the item and the seller winds up with at least their reserve. I'm sure sellers get burned using this strategy, but like I said, this was a general observation.

I agree ... I would always start low, with no reserve, and I once tested the stategy with two very similar items. No one bid on the one with the higher start price of $40.00, so I relisted at $20.00, and it sold for $81.00.

... and reserves are hopeless.

captaincaveman1

Agreed. I start all my auctions at 99 cents with no reserve. I've buyers bid up the price to the fair market value if you do a good job describing the item, it's measurements, and disclose any and all faults. Plus, I always include alot of pics and check off all the options for enabling zoom and closeups.

What you want to do is get alot of folks interested enough to watch your item. When I see a jacket starting at 100 bux and reserve isn't met I sometimes just pass it over since god knows how high the reserve has been set.