• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Army Gore-tex

Andrew

ECWCS, just picked up one of these for use as a raincoat after Kevlarg's heads up . Cheeaappp at 47 bucks. Aparently used but looks like new to me. Heaps of pockets and zippers.
This one's a Large long

I like the desert camo colour scheme but luckily i'm not trying to hide.
Videos.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Those are very handy in wet weather. Much better than the old green rubber rain gear they used to give us. I never got any desert camo ones since they only have M-65 field jackets when I went to the desert. When I was stationed in Germany, I must have been issued 10 pair of the woodland Gortex jacket and pant combos. I've traded most of the sets off when I was lacking other items I couldn't get.

I especially like the underarm zippers. Great for warmer rainy weather when you can ventilate but still keep dry from the rain. ;)

Jason

I'm glad you're not trying to hide with the desert camo scheme there... you'd need a lush rainforest green splinter scheme more like the Royal Marines use ;)
Thats a pretty good buy for Gore-tex, my local outdoor shop wants about $200 for a coat alone.

Andrew

Peter Graham said:
Love the senicko pose. You look like a gay rambler. :lol:

Righto, one x US Army Goretex jacket for sale, check the embay listings...

Peter you tricky bastard, the Gay label (whilst not the case) bounces off with ease, however, you really hit low with a. The Seniko simile, and most of all b. calling me a f!@#$% rambler. :lol: :lol:

Betta watch your back :cool:

tgd31968

Andrew said:
ECWCS, just picked up one of these for use as a raincoat after Kevlarg's heads up . Cheeaappp at 47 bucks. Aparently used but looks like new to me. Heaps of pockets and zippers.
This one's a Large long

Videos.jpg

Very good wet weather jacket. I have an issued one in woodland an AF buddy gave me, and I have a non-military issue but exact same pattern in black I got from The Sportsmans Guide. It is a knock off, but was in the $40-50 range, and I wanted a more normal color for wearing to the office etc. Both work great.
I really like the pockets. Deep and tilted enough so you can throw a lot of stuff in them and it doesn't fall out. And, you can zip them shut if you really are worried about it.

kevlarg

Andrew said:
This one's a Large long

Videos.jpg

I see you edited to photos to look less "rambler" :D

Andrew

Yeah it was either that or kill myself. You can't be too careful with the stance police around here.

It's all ok, Pete had just been on the piss again and I completely understand the response :lol:

ausreenactor

:lol:

We should have an [OTP] as a standard after a comment made while 'merry'.
That way we know. Sarcasm is hard to pick up online. I have been guilt of
making a post and then seeing a retort that made the bottom lip head south.
Only to realise later the fun behind it..

I like the jacket. If I were playing 'away' it could come in handy..

Couchy

Peter Graham

Good idea Couchy. I apologised to Andrew via PM and he was cool about it. He knew I was on the piss. I would never deliberately offend any of my forum friends but my problem is that when I've had a few jars (like now) I tend to post like I'm chatting to a friend in a bar, which can cause problems. If I ever win big on the lottery I'm gonna pay for about twenty of us to meet at an airshow or something and have a big session afterwards. Then we can insult each other face to face. Seriously, I love you guys. I've been on this forum for years and I've received so much help and kindness from people that I've never met. Hopefully someday, somehow there will be a VLJ gathering. If there is, the first round is on me.

Andrew

... we even exchange Christmas greeting pm's too! If anyone can understand insult via sarcasm Irishman and an Aussie can :lol: