• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual Find, Sorta Flight Jacket Related

Stony

I found this home made tool box today and have never seen anything like it before. The decals look like something a kid during the war would collect, possibly in a cereal box like the squadron buttons were. Kinda an unusual, cool little item.

There are also decals on both ends, but I did not post those photos.

k3vs.jpg

fp4u.jpg

3un6.jpg

mwff.jpg

Phantomfixer

Very cool...looks big enough that you could use it for something....Patch collection box? and solid hardware too...Looks like the black lettering was done individually? Kid put a lot of time into that box...

Stony

I hope it is made out of cedar, You can certainly put a few jackets in there :)

It's tool box sized, about 16L x 8W x 8H, so it would have to be a cloth Navy jacket in order to get stuffed in there.

TankBuster

a2jacketpatches said:
Some of those vintage decal sets were recently available on Ebay. I think they were cereal prizes or something.

I think you're right. There was a guy selling some NOS decals like these on their original backing at a local show for $2 a piece. I bought a few just because I thought the Air Corps ones were cool.