• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultra Rare B-3 pullover!

dmar836

I know I posted in the Crown zip thread but this really deserves it's own. Do any of you have this rare bird in your collections?

These are not easy to find and period pics are even harder!

B-3pullover.jpg

Period proof!
picture2lg.jpg

Not April fools yet!
Dave

dmar836

I tried to drop that hint. RM did it in yellow with purple HH accents. It was huge in Japan!

dmar836

The US had several parkas as well. The D-2 was quite similar to that German one. Rare as hens teeth though!

bombs away

Hello Dave,

I've never seen such jacket in any collection nor in wartime picture !!! :shock:

Is this one from your collection ? If yes, what says the label ?
Do you know where and when has been taken the wartime picture ?

Thanks for helping my USAAF education.

Tim.

dmar836

Tim,
Your collection is undoubtedly more expansive and of better quality than mine. Nonetheless, I doubt you have any of these examples.
I believe these items were authorized for wear only in the very early month of April, '44 and '45.

This B-15A "pullover" is not as rare but I haven't found any wartime pics of it in use yet.

B-15A.jpg

Tim and all, the key word is "Pullover"

Please post if you have access(or can create access) to any pics of these rare April-weather items.

Dave

Tim P

dmar836 said:
Tim,
Your collection is undoubtedly more expansive and of better quality than mine. Nonetheless, I doubt you have any of these examples.
I believe these items were authorized for wear only in the very early month of April, '44 and '45.

This B-15A "pullover" is not as rare but I haven't found any wartime pics of it in use yet.

B-15A.jpg

Tim and all, the key word is "Pullover"

Please post if you have access(or can create access) to any pics of these rare April-weather items.

Dave

nice try.......

dmar836

Well, after Tim responded to Mark's inquiry into the F-2 jacket, I got to searching and, sure enough, there was an "April" version of the F-2 as well. This is unreal!

I imagine the little button pocket was for a navigator's watch?

IMG_7429.jpg

Surely this would save work on repros and let makers use the closed-end zips out there.

Dave