• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two New Additions to the Collection - Cloth/Nylon

CBI

Original WEP USN Flight Jacket Size 44 Long:

IMG_9112.jpg

IMG_9108.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9120.jpg

I took a chance on the B-15A. It was sold as an original. Based on a side-by-side with my MINT original Werber B-15A, this one seems to be legit. However, if there are telltale signs that its an older ELC. RM or BR rerpo, let me know. Unfortunately, the brittle mouton collar (which looks great but will probably need to be replaced) sure looks/acts like period mouton. Did any repro makers include "regular" in re size on the label? I am only aware of a RM but it said RM on the label. There are many repro RW contracts, the ones I have seen (by no means have I seen them all) don't have the same contract/etc numbers..................... In any case, its a really nice jacket.

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9123.jpg

IMG_9127.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

IMG_9137.jpg

IMG_9138.jpg

IMG_9139.jpg

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9142.jpg

A few patches of interest:

I love chenille patches, this is a good 94th FS repro from GB/Flight Suites. I tweaked it a little and added the HH border. Incised leather/painted 773th BS (Eagle with compass/flames) and 767th BS (Eaglehead). I have seen many photos of 773rd patches, for no real compelling reason, I chose a version where there is more space between the yellow and red layers of flame than usual.

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9153.jpg

IMG_9148.jpg

havocpaul

The B-15A looks 100% original IMO, not sure if there's been an accurate repro made, certainly Eastman have only bothered with the B15, wish Gary would do one though as I've been looking for a wearable example for years.

CBI

5'11". These WEPS run pretty high waisted so I jumped at a purchase of a "Long"

Thanks havoc!

CBI

Yes, that's it.

I have new knits from MASH on order and vintage mint mouton on the way...........

Peter Graham

Yup, that B-15 looks legit to me. It's something I've never ventured into but I'm very curious about those WEP jackets. Strangely, they are nearly all large sizes.

CBI

I have always liked these WEP jackets and have owned them in the distant past. Super comfortable and lightweight

I once found one on a dirt floor in a surplus shop near Nellis AFB that was sold to me for $2.00!

Those were the jacket days .................(about 30 years ago)

dujardin

not much interest in the WEP though, it's a cool looking jacket

congrats for the nice B15