• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomcat

dujardin

unusual view of an F14 Tomcat

tomcat.jpg

byeeeeeeeee marcel

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that's what they do when they they have to turn right at traffic lights.

bfrench

Administrator
Leadsky said:
Tranquility Base said:
Yeah, that's what they do when they they have to turn right at traffic lights.

I thought it was having a leak...

Don't know about the plane leaking but I'll bet the aviator was pissin himself - just look at the full control deflection on both sides.

Jaydee

That looks like a test flight to me, it might have been planned. Note the Red & White paint on the wings, and the big needle coming out the nose cone. The active service planes didn't have those. Also the aircrew are in orange flight suits, and I dont think they are in the Coast Guards! Question is, do they have Dayglow Orange CWU Jackets to go with the suits?

Jaydee said:
That looks like a test flight to me, it might have been planned. Note the Red & White paint on the wings, and the big needle coming out the nose cone. The active service planes didn't have those. Also the aircrew are in orange flight suits, and I dont think they are in the Coast Guards! Question is, do they have Dayglow Orange CWU Jackets to go with the suits?
You're right about that being a test aircraft but when I was in the Navy on the USS Enterprise in the 1970s all of our A-6 pilots in VA-196 Squadron wore orange flight suits. I thought they looked pretty cool! No orange flight jackets though. Most of them wore their G-1s and a few wore the WEP jacket around the ship. None wore jackets while flying.

Jaydee

sealbeachbum said:
You're right about that being a test aircraft but when I was in the Navy on the USS Enterprise in the 1970s all of our A-6 pilots in VA-196 Squadron wore orange flight suits. I thought they looked pretty cool! No orange flight jackets though. Most of them wore their G-1s and a few wore the WEP jacket around the ship. None wore jackets while flying.

Wow, I would hate to go down on unfriendly soil with one of them on! I never saw that in my day (1989-92) all the suits were Sage Green, and a very few Desert Tan.