• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom Selleck's A-2

A

Anonymous

selleck600.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyHSgEbNng

What jacket do you think he is wearing?
Avirex?

Hamsterbear

Most likely it was a "Cockpit" jacket, you can see the white tag sewn in the lining seam on the right side about 4" up....
Remember, this was during 1980. Avirex jackets may have had those tags as well....
Tom Selleck was Steven Spielberg's second choice for the role of Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford was his first, but George Lucas objected, since Ford had been in both American Graffiti (1973) and Star Wars (1977). Selleck was not able to take the role because he was committed to "Magnum, P.I." (1980). However, that series did not go into production until Raiders' filming had already wrapped. Selleck was in fact in Hawaii waiting for the series to start as the final scenes to be filmed (the opening sequence) were being shot in Hawaii. "Magnum" did an episode called "Legend of the Lost Art" that parodied "Raiders", complete with hat, whip, booby traps, etc.

Selleck also wears A-2 jackets in his "Jesse Stone" movies, but they look like high end jackets, probably Eastman.

RCSignals

Isn't "Cockpit" just the new company name for "Avirex"? The owners sold the Avirex name only and continued as "Cockpit"
So you are both right

bseal

Good Wear. Hands down. Damn, that was easy.

Hamsterbear, Selleck was first. They went after Ford when Selleck backed out due contractual obligations to shoot the first Magnum P.I. pilot.

Ironic thing is that when it came time to shoot Magnum, there was a strike, so Selleck was free during that period. This information is found in the Extras section on the Raiders DVD. Peace.

shiloh

Selleck also wears A-2 jackets in his "Jesse Stone" movies, but they look like high end jackets, probably Eastman.[/quote]

Also wears a B-15 in another epsiode of "Jesse Stone".

regards,

shiloh

jschare

I bet you it's one of the thousands of originals purchased after the war by Western Costumes... :p