• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on this Irvin anyone

Hawkeye

I dont know much about the jacket itself, but I've seen it before on ebay, at least 2 or three times in the last 6 months, using the same photos too. I dont know if its the same guy, or different owners who got tired of it. Its a nice size.

rich

Cliff, if you think it may be small, it might be worth getting further measurements from the seller? I say this because despite the given chest size, the arm holes can be small and high in some original Irvins and this could make the jacket feel tight, especially if the chest measurement is borderline for you. Overall it does look in nice shape, a pity about that zip though.

Roughwear

This seller has listed the Irvin at least once before if my memory is still functioning! It would have been labelled a size 5 and Cliff this Irvin is most likely too small for you. Sizes 6 to 8 would fit you better. As to manufacturer, this is very difficult. It is not Links as it has a square collar but could be made by one of many contractors/subcontractors. It most likely dates from 1941-3.

Cliff

Thanks everyone. I too thought I had seen this before on ebay but wasn't completely sure. Taking that into consideration and more importantly Andrews thoughts on sizing I will leave this one alone and wait for a bigger one to come along.

thanks again

regards

Cliff

Roughwear

A wise decision Cliff. There are quite a few Irvins appearing on Ebay this winter and I'm sure one your size will surface.