• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Think twice if you are thinking of going for this Irvin!

Jason

Hehe look at the silly collar shape and sleeve zipper lengths... dead giveaway even without looking at any of the other tell-tale features

Roughwear

ausreenactor said:
Right...

Look out gang...this could be Andrew's new tactic....he wants it!! LOL...

Regards...

Couchy

:lol: Couchy, but not on this occasion. This is a post war utility jacket and the seller is aware of this, but hopes to make more money by claiming its early War. I am amazed the bidding has gone past £100 already. There must be people out there who must be desperate to own this low grade jacket. :eek:

Roughwear

Thanks for this Paul. This one lacks Aero's restoration work. The clix sleeve zips suggest a post war production date-late 40s/early 50s. There is no evidence to show they were ever bought by the RAF. I have never seen a Wartime photo of such a jacket being worn by anyone in the RAF. My guess is that these jackets were designed for the civilian market.

havocpaul

I can remember the Swap Shop in Croydon (oh, great memories!) used to sell this kind of jacket right up to the early/mid 1970's and they had Lightning zips...loved by bikers especially and actually not bad jackets but in no way ever RAF issue.

Hawkeye

Silly putting such a high reserve on that jacket. Given ebays fickleness he could possibly only get 50 pounds for it next time he lists it, he should have considered himself lucky to have it bid up as high as it was this time.

shiloh

Roughwear said:
ausreenactor said:
Right...

Look out gang...this could be Andrew's new tactic....he wants it!! LOL...

Regards...

Couchy

:lol: Couchy, but not on this occasion. This is a post war utility jacket and the seller is aware of this, but hopes to make more money by claiming its early War. I am amazed the bidding has gone past £100 already. There must be people out there who must be desperate to own this low grade jacket. :eek:

Seller updated his listing saying this is a late war jacket. Still claiming it's wartime.

Shiloh

Roughwear

He was very luck to get it bid up to £337 for a 1950s P&C civilian Irvin! I guess someone thought it was a wartime original. :lol: