• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theft

FlyingToastman

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum but here goes:

Last night I was at the Dayton, OH Greek Festival and apparently someone stole my Wright Field patched/Autographed A-2 that I wear on occasion from out of my trunk along with my Laptop and Backpack.

I recognize that it's just stuff and I am truthfully thankful and mindful that nothing happened to me (I found my CDs and binder tossed in the Trash and Alley) as they even stole my gym bag (what are you going to do with a jock strap!?!?!.)

However I am asking that for those of you who collect autographs happen to find come across a G&B A-2 with a worn linining that has four of the Doolittle Raider's Autographs stiched into the lining along with the WASPs, Mustang Aces and the Tuskeege Airman. This jacket has an incised Wright Field patch made by Roberto in Italy and is a 46T.

Since my laptop was stolen I'd have to see what pictures I have to show you what the jacket looks like but it was a Mark 43 in Mahogany. I'm hoping my insurance company helps cover the loss, but if you all happen to see such a jacket with my name on it (C.A. Fouras) please call the Dayton Police Department at (937) 333-COPS.

Sorry for the rant however I hope you'll understand.

Christos

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Christos,

You're in the right place.

Man that sure stinks especially the autographs you got at that fly-in.

Cheers,
Bill French

bseal

If you have Renter's or Homeowners Insurance you will more than likely have coverage, as it protects for stolen items not physically attached to your vehicle. Not a bad idea to get either original receipts or an estimate of replacement cost from the manufacturer. Lastly, try to get an expert valuation of the signatures or find an auction listing with a comparable item. Been through this twice with success, ah welcome to Oakland, baby! Good luck.

dujardin

damned, sad news

i'm sorry for you

i enrage when i learn such facts...;arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Andrew

I also know the feeling Christos. Really sorry to hear about that- sounds like you got the same signatures on my GW you took to Dayton a few years ago. If it helps I could give you a shot of the lining of mine. Hope we manage to spot it on Ebay and nab the bastard.

FlyingToastman

bseal said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-BARNES-HORSEHIDE-A-2-FLIGHT-JACKET-ACES-SIGNED-MINT-/180723244575?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item2a13f1de1f

I saw that, simular signatures but not the same jacket. Mine has the Gibson and Barnes label and the lining is tattered by the collar. Its eight years old and I've worn the hell out of it.

Christos

This is what it looked like, it was a 46T Mark 43 in Mahogany. The picture is from 2008 and about 30-40lbs ago.

DSCN0381.jpg

Christos

HHjackets

... but it's not even the same size and i doubt it will turn up on ebay for the whole world to spot it, but then again i hope it does!!