• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The propper way to ship a 67 years old deadstock piece...

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

IMG_6797.jpeg

Dumpster D

OH...MY... GOD!!!

Seriously?

AUGH!!! :(

That's like when you've ordered a Rare LP and the mailman delivers it by folding it in half and slipping it through the mail slot.

I sincerely hope you let them know that this is unacceptable, as the original box is part of the investment you've paid for, of the collectors value.

Though I doubt that concept would sink in to someone with a mind to do something like this.

Dumpster D

In the 'Tapeheads' community, when People order a Cassette player from ebay, they often arrive in this way.

'UPS' is lovingly referred to as 'United parcel smashers' :eek:
gettyimages-145671935-612x612.jpg

Dumpster D

I hate to chime in…
USPS is not UPS… one is UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, the other is US PARCEL SERVICE.. its like comparing GW and … a …
Thanks for keeping it fair
Again pay peanuts, get monkeys or shells at best.
Anyway, here its not the service but the seller who flogged it.

I fully understand it's the seller who is at fault this time around.

and also know that USPS is not the same as UPS...either way, I'm only just making wise cracks in light of this, not to take things seriously. Otherwise life will drive you nuts.

"The horror"

...You wouldn't believe how many people spent thousands on a vintage reel to reel tape deck and it was improperly packed and arrives completely destroyed, sometimes the box has completely busted open and broken bits are falling out.

Hard to believe some people who sell online don't take the time or bother to learn how to properly pack certain items.

and another thing...don't get me started how Thrift store franchises like Value Village will throw away the packaging or boxes that NOS vintage items arrived in. Like Shoes/Boots for example. I want the packaging and boxes with the item, it's part of the collectors mentality, and these big box stores are totally out of touch with that.

They don't accept 'used' blank cassettes at big franchise thrifts either, those go straight into the bin...Ask me how I know. Shameful.

Last edited:

Pilot

I fully understand it's the seller who is at fault this time around.

and also know that USPS is not the same as UPS...either way, I'm only just making wise cracks in light of this, not to take things seriously. Otherwise life will drive you nuts.

"The horror"

...You wouldn't believe how many people spent thousands on a vintage reel to reel tape deck and it was improperly packed and arrives completely destroyed, sometimes the box has completely busted open and broken bits are falling out.

Hard to believe some people who sell online don't take the time or bother to learn how to properly pack certain items.

and another thing...don't get me started how Thrift store franchises like Value Village will throw away the packaging or boxes that NOS vintage items arrived in. Like Shoes/Boots for example. I want the packaging and boxes with the item, it's part of the collectors mentality, and these big box stores are totally out of touch with that.

They don't accept 'used' blank cassettes at big franchise thrifts either, those go straight into the bin...Ask me how I know. Shameful.
Point taken and no worries for me.
If UPS or any other prime carriers accept such a parcel, they always wrap it again in another package or liner with their logo on it…. But they charge for it… and its surely not a 12.9 US$ trip for a US-US door to door service… I am not even asking what about „ insurance „ for a 12.9 US$ ride.

Just imagine the inside and the packaging would have been damaged or worse… for 12.9 US$ shipping costs? Cheap and greed as it lives and breathes..
Luckily only the packaging got harm d..
Lousy selling practices..

Flightengineer

I hate to chime in…
USPS is not UPS… one is UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, the other is US PARCEL SERVICE.. its like comparing GW and … a …
Thanks for keeping it fair
Again pay peanuts, get monkeys or shells at best.
Anyway, here its not the service but the seller who flogged it.
Golden words, Brice. I've transported hundreds of tons of packages in my career and have seen how postal workers handle them in different countries/airports (usually no big difference)...often after being unloaded from the plane they left it the pouring rain, sometime hrown straight out of the cargo hatch onto the ground, hit parcels with an electric forklift...The fact that an ordinary parcel sent by regular mail, not by a special, reaches you in its original form is a miracle in itself :D. Although, as we know, delivery giants also have incidents. Amen.

Pilot

Golden words, Brice. I've transported hundreds of tons of packages in my career and have seen how postal workers handle them in different countries/airports (usually no big difference)...often after being unloaded from the plane they left it the pouring rain, sometime hrown straight out of the cargo hatch onto the ground, hit parcels with an electric forklift...The fact that an ordinary parcel sent by regular mail, not by a special, reaches you in its original form is a miracle in itself :D. Although, as we know, delivery giants also have incidents. Amen.
Hello Dmitri,
1001% agree… But, but and however…
The „Giants“ if they have an incident, ( of course it happens) they pay for it … and they dont argue… as do the low cost ( low moral, low motivation, low ethics) Gov. postal services…. and I dont blame them…. They are paid sh.t.. they provide/deliver sh.t…
It comes again and again to : pay nothing get nothing…

Last edited:

B-Man2

Well, if I may be pedantic here, UPS is:
United Parcel Service of America
:p
LOL! :);)
Pedantic ???
You got me on that one …!! :oops:
Had to look it up :D

Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
:D