• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The humour and madness of Jacket collecting.....

zoomer

Spot on Paul!

I just wonder why the wife looks so, uh, masculine...anything to confide here? :lol:

Cobblers161

:D :D :D

Paul they're excellent. 'How do I get It Past The Wife', 'Authentic Wartime Fit', 'Xpress parcels' and 'Why Can't You' are particularly resonant. Thanks for making me spit tea over my keyboard!

havocpaul

Thanks guys, these were just some quick sketches I did whilst sitting on the balcony this morning; am going to work on some colour, more detailed versions in the future, just wanted to test the water and not insult anyone; after all, I can apply all these to my own experiences for sure, I now no longer worry about the (ex) wife nagging me but my two daughters think I am totally insane so nothing changes!

Roughwear

Paul, this all sounds so familiar! Looks like you have found yourself an alternative career. Please keep posting your drawings for us to enjoy.

havocpaul

Thanks Andrew, been doing them for years, have regular commissions for Christmas cards etc every year but these are the first jacket-themed ones....more to come!

DJS48

Paul,
Wonderful doodles, and it's all very true. I live in china and there is nothing lost in translation regarding jackets. My chinese wife reacts the same way...........Imagine that!!
Regards,
Don

chicken

Good stuff. But could you please sign your cartoons so I won't feel bad about posting them somewhere else?

havocpaul

I usually sign all my 'work' but these were just preliminary drawings, don't think I can change them now but if you want to post them please add 'copyright Paul Mathias 09', many thanks.