• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The frustrations of getting a good fitting A2...

Flyingmariner

Hi Guys....
Afrer introducing myself here on the Members Bios page I thought I would update you with the purchase of my Eastman Werber A2.
I spoke to Rob at Eastman Leather on Monday and after a chat and a few questions he advised me to go for a 46" chest Regular fit.
I have a Eastman G-1 sized 44" Long and the size matched the Werber 46" Reg fairly well.
The jacket arrived this morning, fantastic service.
First the good news.
Well the look and feel of the jacket was fantastic, a really nice shade of gorgeous horsehide. Very nice knits. The Hookless Zip was a very nice feature, if a little fiddly to use.
I couldn't wait to try the jacket on and the arm length was just right, however it was to short (for my liking) in the body and the shoulders drooped a little- this is what probably made the arm length acceptable.
Once fastened I had good freedom of movement although it felt a fraction tight across the front.
Frustratingly after a phonecall to Rob at Eastman, it appears the 44" Long would not be a good fit either, well certainly not convincing enough to order one then it be non-returnable.
It' s so frustrating.
The Cable A2 I used to own (sold to a chap on here) was a nice fit, so to is my G-1.
However neither have that "fit like a glove" feel of my Cooper A2 - tagged 46" Long.
The Werber is now on it's way back to Eastman and I am somewhat disappointed as it is a jacket I have long admired.
I guess a big factor is the cost. It was a "O.K." fit but not a "good" fit which at £599.00 it certainly needs to be.
Thank goodness I never went for the 46" Long which I almost did, and which would have been non returnable.
So a disappointing day, and £24.00 spent to try it on, that being the postage cost to return it, via RM Special Delivery.
All is not lost however as my 2nd choice jacket a Eastman A-1 seems like it is going to be a good fit. I am just going to double check his quoted measurements before I put in the order.
On a final note I must say how impressed I was with the assistance of Rob on the phone. Nothing was to much trouble and he was a pleasure to deal with. He also said that Eastman planned to replace the sizing guide on the website with a guide to the individual measurements of each jacket. Now that I look forward to.
Best wishes,
Wayne.

Steve27752

If you can, your best bet would be to go to one of the Duxford airshows that ELC are at and actually try on different styles and sizes of A2's.

Flyingmariner

Steve27752 said:
If you can, your best bet would be to go to one of the Duxford airshows that ELC are at and actually try on different styles and sizes of A2's.

Hi Steve...
Great minds think alike.
I think that's what I will have to do.
That's my plan for next year and to meet up with some of the Forum members.
Regards,
Wayne.