• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FEW ANJ-3A

greyhound52

I got this from Bevan absolutely fantastic looking jacket. It is horsehide not goatskin. According to Bevan "The use of HH was the idea of Kinjiro Yasuda, who is the Few rep in Japan. The Japanese guys rate HH over goat, and Masa tried it on the AN-J-3a, in the 05/06 range I think. Since then it has been a VERY solid seller, almost a signature item. They use the same basic pattern for the AN 6552, also in HH."
Enjoy.
fedf_3.jpg

010b_3.jpg

10c6_3.jpg

0aac_3.jpg

157c_3.jpg

129a_3.jpg
[

Chandler

zoomer said:
What does one do about sheeny leather?

I guess that depends on the finish. A few years ago Flight Suits had some clearance jackets that were finished with the wrong cover coating (or some such) and they were virtually bullet-proof. Nothing effected them, from lacquer thinner to a fine grade steel wool.

I hope this one doesn't have a similar finish, though the FS' were just as shiny looking.

Chandler

T-Bolt

I think that ANJ-3A looks awesome, George! The horsehide is great........definitely not too shiny......looks perfect to me.

Ted

Chandler

T-Bolt said:
....definitely not too shiny......looks perfect to me.

C'mawn. You must have an Armor All thang.

(to that end, I've noticed that cameras tend to make many of the hides look shinier than they are in actuality if they aren't photographed in direct sunlight)

Chandler

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
(to that end, I've noticed that cameras tend to make many of the hides look shinier than they are in actuality if they aren't photographed in direct sunlight)

True .....

And I've seen this one in person, definately not too shiny, kinda ... just right.

Chandler

deeb7 said:
And I've seen this one in person,

How does it compare with the G-1 (M-422?) in your avatar? That doesn't look shiny at all.

I also meant to ask, isn't Bevan the human jacket-wear machine?

Chandler

greyhound52

Correct not as shiny in person. Bevan didn't wear this as much as his other jackets cause I gather it did not fit him as well as it could have. Otherwise it would have looked like the Dubow I got from him which looked like he had been dragged by a truck. Great jacket that Dubow.
dubow.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
How does it compare with the G-1 (M-422?) in your avatar? That doesn't look shiny at all.

McCoy Sportswear, 7823 G-1 ..... oh yes, it's more shiny than that, and so are most jackets. It's from the mid-'90's so it has some age, I've sponged it, but resisted the urge to apply conditioner.

I also meant to ask, isn't Bevan the human jacket-wear machine?

Some might say that ............. :lol:

dujardin

helloooooooooo,

same remark as i did on John;
i missed your post ??????????????????
:oops: :oops: :oops:
nice one.
one day i will have an ANJ3 ; i like this jacket with inside pocket. personnaly, i prefer the one without fur collar.
byeeeeeeeeee marcel