• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cockpit: Pics of 1936 Pattern Boots resoled

fleet16b

As stated in the EBAY section, I bought a set of 1936 pattern boots as made by the cockpit.
They are great boots except that the Cockpit chose to put modern treaded ugly soles on them.
I was able to find a old german kobbler that was able to resole them in leather for me. I think they are now 100% better.
Opinions please

P1000983.jpg
P1000982.jpg
P1000981.jpg
P1000980.jpg

I have both the Cockpit ones (36's and 39's) and Eastman's 36's (back when they sold them years ago, perhaps made by the same company?) The difference between the Cockpit ones and Eastman's was the rubber sole on the Cockpit ones. Did the same as you did, few years back, to both pairs of Cockpit boots. IMHO I believe that they are (now, with the leather soles) the best repro made so far. Your boots look smashing, looking from the outside like NOS. Enjoy!

Marv

Excellent, in my opinion they look like completely different boots with the new sole/heels after removing the old vibram ones - could definately be mistaken for NOS 36'ers, smashing :D

Members online

Latest posts