• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The amazing L-2B!

watchmanjimg

This post has no particular purpose other than gratuitous display, but I hope you'll indulge me. I was going through my collection of L-2Bs this morning and realized the count has reached 25 (that I know of). Here are a few highlights . . . :eek:

Rolen Sportswear B and C
L-2Bs021.jpg
L-2Bs024.jpg
L-2Bs019.jpg
L-2Bs020.jpg

A quartet of 1960 Skyline Ds (from left: F-102 triangle, SAC colonel, MAC Lt. Colonel, US Army Captain with rare embossed leather rank and theatre-made patch)
L-2Bs025.jpg
L-2Bs018.jpg
L-2Bs001.jpg
L-2Bs027.jpg
L-2Bs028.jpg

Here are a few oddballs (from left: '64 Alpha with Crown zips, '63 Martin Lane, Marshall Clothing Corp. 7448G, '76 Greenbrier in original wrap)
L-2Bs003.jpg
L-2Bs006.jpg
L-2Bs014.jpg
L-2Bs017.jpg

Nicely badged '70 and '72 Alphas
L-2Bs002.jpg
L-2Bs004.jpg

Rutger

Yeah
thumbup.gif
, the patched ones especially. One from 86th TFW from Ramstein, USAFE. Loved all the tactical jets they had around in Europe back in the 80's.
With current temperatures the L2B is my daily wearer, together with the L2.

I guess you got to be a visitor of LJ Militaria every now and then what with all the elderly nylon they have.

Got some more patched ones? Would appreciate some high(er) resolution pics!

SuinBruin

Photos of jacket collections are never gratuitous around here -- we need more of them! Thanks for going to the time and trouble, your L-2Bs are very cool.

Peter Graham

Great collection of L-2B's Jim. One of my favourite jackets. Just out of interest, what size is the 64 Alpha with the Crowns ?

Phantomfixer

Way cool collection Love the 86th TFW I was there from 84-87. We had F-4Ees then switched to F-16c/d. Now they have C-130's.....cool too in their own way
Awesome collection

watchmanjimg

Gentlemen, thanks as always for your kind words. The examples depicted here are merely the tip of the iceberg, but several were recently acquired so I thought I'd share them. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. One of these days I'll figure out how to use the camera . . . :x

Peter Graham said:
Great collection of L-2B's Jim. One of my favourite jackets. Just out of interest, what size is the 64 Alpha with the Crowns ?

The '64 Alpha, like all of my L-2Bs, is a Large. Don't worry, Peter--if I run across a smaller one you'll hear about it ASAP. ;)

Peter Graham

watchmanjimg said:
The '64 Alpha, like all of my L-2Bs, is a Large. Don't worry, Peter--if I run across a smaller one you'll hear about it ASAP. ;)
You know me well Jim. Since I missed that one on ebay about three years ago because I had to take my son to hospital or something I've been searching high and low with no success. If you ever come across one grab it for me.

bebel

25 L-2B! :eek: I'm happy to have had 3 or 4 in my own collection. Thank you for sharing with us. Higher resolution pictures would be welcomed.

Franck